“I miss shaking my teacher’s hand…
in the morning, playing with my friends at recess, and doing activities in person and not from a video. I miss just being with my classmates and friends. I miss so many things from school, but one of the things I miss the most is having the support of my friends in my class when I need it.” Abigail O’Keefe WSRF grade 4
“I never realized how much I loved school until I couldn’t go anymore. I miss seeing so many familiar faces, getting a smile here and a ‘how are you doing?’ there.” Remi Brunson WSRF grade 5
“I miss being able to talk to my friends without being six feet apart.” Lowry Camp WSRF grade 6
“The hardest part is probably not being able to be in a classroom with all of my classmates, and not being able to play outside with them at recess.” Maya Lindbloom WSRF grade 6
“Even during Coronavirus, I know that I can always turn to my teacher Mrs. Diana Beatz for help. I also know that I can trust talking with her about both phyiscial and emotional challenges.” Chantal Smith WSRF grade 6
PreK – Grade 2 First Day of School: Wednesday, August 12
Grades 3-8: Tuesday, August 25
On Campus? YES!
WSRF is blessed with many inherent advantages that helped make this decision possible. These include:
• Small class sizes combined with investment in additional desks allows for physical distancing without reducing class size.
• Physical layout of classrooms and modified scheduling allows for creating cohorts.
• Separate entrances for each classroom, with natural ventilation: two doors in each class and multiple windows allow for cross-ventilation.
• 14-acre campus to allow for outdoor classroom settings where appropriate.
• A community of employees and parents committed to healthy practices and compassion for all.
An overview of WSRF COVID Safety Protocols:
• Early Childhood Center licensing guidelines requires daily screening by the school of each student and employee.
• Face masks for all bus riders while on the bus.
• Face masks for all students age 10 and older.
• Intensified cleaning and disinfection.
• Exclusion and containment plan in case of illness as mandated by the State.
Tiered COVID-Adapted Educational Models:
New Normal – Full-time on-campus classes with increased hygiene, face masks, and social distancing.
Dual Track – Classes split into limited group sizes for 2.5 days/week on-campus, in-person classes, and 2.5 days/week of at home.
Distance Learning Blocks – Curriculum delivery from 1st – 8th grade will include teacher-created videos, on-line presentations, written lessons, and “student study pods.”
Is there still room to enroll for this school year? Yes! LEARN MORE HERE.
LEARN MORE about the Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork in MOUNTAINPARENT by meeting WSRF faculty members who have contributed recent feature articles:
Tim Connolly, Faculty Administrator: “Empty Nesting”
Holly Richardson, Parent-Child Teacher: “The Art of Being Enough”
C.P. Kanipe, a founding parent, a retired teacher and a WSRF grandparent: “A More Meaningful Holiday: Giving Ourselves”